Monday, March 23, 2009

Playing Catch-up with my treasures. Or junk. Or whatever.

Wow, I feel like a busy bee these days! I suppose that is the way that it goes in the Spring – trying to get everything in when the weather actually becomes warm enough for outdoor activities. I really don't know how other creative people, especially ones with kiddies, get it all done!

So not this past weekend, but the weekend before (!), Red Heart 13 and I hit up the Flea Market and did some major damage.

L to R: Yeah, I made out in the chain department; frames & a fun matchbox; & my new gorgeous book of Hawthorne's Twice-Told Tales.

My mission was to find a bitty plastic baby, a few tiny picture frames and some new items to shoot my jewelry on. I came out with all three (a big surprise!) plus some other incredible finds. I loaded up on vintage chains and kept my eyes peeled for lockets, because that is my new obsession (I haven't created them in a while, but trust me, I'm collecting). So rather than write about my finds, I invite you to have a looksie:



L to R: Embroidered linens for some unknown use, misc vintage bits for my jewelry-making, 70s pillowcases in a beautiful array of patterns, floral vintage bits for jewelry-making, keys & more keys, large beadcaps, some very dirty buttons that need a good warshing, and lockets and mini frames for more jewelry-making.

Thanks for checking this out & stay tuned for some shop updates - I have all these Spring ideas swirling around.

2 comments:

  1. i love love those pillowcases and floral vintage bits for jewelry making...can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was a glorious day! Gosh you are so bad, look at all that treasure. To bad you can't get all magical at the Intergalactic Bead Show this Sat.

    ReplyDelete