Monday, January 12, 2009

The Preface Blog






I assume I shall begin my blogging with a little introduction of myself, no? I'm a Graphic Designer by trade, and a junk-collecting, mess-makin', stuff-makin', Etsy-obsessed gal the rest of the time.
My shop, Spool, on Etsy.com, has been in been in business since November of 2007 & I hope I do not jinx myself by saying this, but sales have been going up since. Thank God, because I need some other income source to support my Etsy spending. Ever since I was a fledgling, I've had a overwhelming need to create & my little shop also supports that & pays me to experiment!
Originally, my shop was going to support my new creative endeaver (back in '07) of sewing. Hence the name, Spool. Unfortunately, I hadn't sewn since Home Ec back in the day, but for some reason my mind told me that I could just jump right back into it & know what I was doing. Next thing I knew, the needle was jammed (and bent) and I was putting that bad boy away to start up an assemblage piece. And a collage. And in following in the footsteps of Red Heart 13, my pioneer shop, I began making jewelry. The rest is...well...here, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment