Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yogini Again

Last night was my first night of my Beginner's Yoga class. I haven't done any hardcore hatha yoga since January & wow has my body gone downhill! Nancy went very, very easy on us, the room wasn't even hot and I was still sweating like crazy. My poor, scrawny little arms were shaking, too. Ugh.

I'm going to try my darnedest to use this month-long commitment as a stepping stone to live a happier, healthier life. I took my first step a little over a month ago & have only been partly successful, so this is another step in the right direction. To push that even further, I'll share my exercise goals for this month with you:

Mondays & Wednesdays ~ Hatha Yoga, 1 hr
Saturdays and/or Sundays ~ 1 hr minimum hike, fast walk for first 30 min (with exception for pee/doo breaks. No! Not me, pee breaks for my dog! gross!)
2x minimum this month ~ 90 min hatha yoga class, whichever day fits.


Doesn't sound so tough, does it? Ugh. Today my shoulders and arms have a little soreness to them, but other than that, I feel pretty good. Looking forward to my energy increasing and feeling more confident.


No comments:

Post a Comment